Career opportunities with Sims IVF
For more than 20 years, Sims IVF has delivered patient-friendly fertility programmes In Ireland. In 2014, Sims IVF entered into partnership with Virtus Health, one of the world's largest fertility treatment groups. In 2015, we opened our second Irish fertility clinic in Cork.
We often have opportunities for experienced specialists, nurses, scientists, researchers and support staff to join our team.
As vacancies arise, will will provide details here. Please email us with a CV and cover letter detailing which job you are applying to.
Virtus Health are currently the leading Fertility Group in Australia. As part of the company’s European expansion plan, Virtus acquired the Sims Group, Ireland in 2014 and more recently acquired Complete Fertility in the UK in 2018. The Virtus worldwide operation also has clinics in Denmark and Singapore.
The Sims Group Ireland
As the pioneers of Assisted Reproduction in Ireland, Sims IVF Group continue to lead key developments in IVF treatment protocols and embryology advancements to ensure patients have access to the latest evidence-based treatments and laboratory techniques. The Rotunda IVF clinic also offers fertility preservation services to oncology patients as the National Gamete Cryopreservation Centre. Sims Group Irish clinics are located at Sims IVF Clinic - Clonskeagh, the Rotunda IVF Clinic, Rotunda Hospital Dublin and the Sims IVF Clinic in Cork Complete Fertility Ltd – (CFL)
Complete Fertility Ltd provide comprehensive fertility services within Southampton, UK and across the surrounding regions. CFL provide care to both NHS and Private patients, supporting 11 local Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s) in the delivery of fertility treatment to their associated populations. Services include full IVF and ICSI, Egg and Sperm donation, Oncofertility and Semen Analysis. The clinic is based at the Princess Anne Hospital in Southampton and operates a satellite service from Bournemouth in support of patients from the Dorset area.
Summary of the Role
The Head of Finance Ireland & UK, will serve as the senior local finance role in both the Ireland and UK territories for Virtus Europe. The role will act as the main commercial support to both the Sims IVF Group in Ireland and Complete Fertility Ltd in the UK. Additionally, the role holder will be responsible for the preparation of financial and management reports while also supporting and managing selected commercial activities. This incorporates all operating and reporting programs and practices to ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly and ad hoc management reporting and analysis.
The Head of Finance: Ireland and UK, in conjunction with the European Financial Controller, The Group Clinic Director, Ireland and Clinic Director for Complete Fertility, will drive the business planning, budgeting and forecasting process and provide operational costing and performance (KPI) reports.
The role holder will report into the European Financial Controller and will have a dotted reporting line to the Ireland and UK Clinic Directors. The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of monthly Management Accounts with KPI’s and detailed variance analysis, weekly forecasts, fixed asset management, balance sheet reconciliations and annual Audited Financial Statements for Local and Group reporting.
The role holder will also assists the European Financial Controller in the development of relevant financial and operating policies and systems to efficiently and effectively perform these functions. The role holder will also be required to provide commercial finance support to the Ireland and UK Clinic Directors in the form of budget preparation, Business Case development, business and systems analysis, cost control advisory, asset management and tax efficiency and compliance.
Key Responsibilities Management/Financial Accounting
- Oversee the preparation of accurate monthly financial reports, forecasts and annual financial statements ensuring accuracy prior to group submission
- Monitor, analyse and report financial position to the European Financial Controller with final delivery to Group Clinic Directors and Virtus European Managing Director in accordance with agreed business KPIs
- Manage all financial services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, VAT and PAYE/PRSI & NI Returns and project accounting.
- Manage the month end close ensuring strict adherence to timetable
- Review on a monthly basis all balance sheet reconciliations and ensure corrective action arising from reconciliation discrepancies
- Prepare monthly Managing Directors Reports including P&L, Forecasts, Balance Sheet, analysis of variances and Revenue segment reporting as required.
- Prepare monthly KPI reports for key stakeholders
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Overall ownership of the Accounts Payable and Receivable operations for the Sims IVF Group and Complete Fertility activities,
- Ensure compliance with billings and accounts receivable processes for Ireland/UK and make recommendations for process improvement.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Control
- Full oversite and control of Ireland/UK pricing structures
- Management and delivery of annual budget for Sims IVF Group and Complete Fertility operations.
- Review and present weekly forecasts to key stakeholders
- Assist the Clinic Directors with the development and implementation of their respective Business Plans in line with Virtus Europe initiatives
- Analyse results and provide advice to key stakeholders on opportunities in business development including revenue maximisation and cost control
- Manage all financial functions in Sims IVF and Complete Fertility operations (transaction banking, group insurance in conjunction with Corporate office, property leases, contracts and agreements) and provide advice and recommendations to the Clinic Directors supported by the European Financial Controller
- The role holder will also assume responsibility for the management and development of designated key projects as approved by the European Financial Controller. Key projects will be allocated and agreed with specific measureable targets set.
Key Management Competencies
- Manage, lead, coach and develop the finance team members across Sims IVF Group and Complete Fertility
- Provide training support, regular feedback, guidance, support and mentoring and performance reviews
- Lead the recruitment and selection of new finance and facilities team members with the support of the European Financial Controller and HR.
- Manage change to ensure a culture of continuous improvement is adopted by the team.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of financial management processes and systems.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to support and provide ongoing education of financial management and key financial drivers of the business to our senior management team
- Demonstrable leadership skills including the ability to lead/manage change in a collaborative manner
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills with strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of personal resilience and the ability to work to a high standard under pressure
Educational and Professional Qualifications Essential:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Commerce as well as CPA/CA/CMA qualifications from Ireland or UK.
- At least 4 years senior management experience in financial accounting with a commercial focus is required
- Extensive experience as a Manger in Group Finance teams.
- Strong knowledge and management experience of billing functions.
- Ability to review systems and processes and make recommendations for improvement to relevant key stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a private healthcare setting
- TM1, Sage 300 Knowledge and system implementation experience
- Board Reporting experience.
- Demonstrated customer and patient focus
- Knowledge of UK NHS financial processes
- Relevant post graduate qualification (i.e. Master’s in Business Administration or Finance) would be highly regarded
- Permanent, Full Time
- The main work location for the role will be the Sims IVF Dublin clinic, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin.
- 80% of the role will operate in support of Sims IVF Group
- 20% of the role will operate in support of Complete Fertility Ltd
- The role will require at least 4 days per month on site at Complete Fertility Clinic in Southampton. All travel and hotel expenses will be reimbursed in line with the Virtus Health Group policy.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter