Contact the Clinic to book a Consultation
Kate Curtis offers Fertility Acupuncture within the Sims IVF clinic.
Kate with a background in Nursing and Midwifery, has been working in the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Acupuncture for over 20 years. She specializes in fertility and pregnancy acupuncture.
Acupuncture can support you on your fertility journey.
- It is used in combination with IVF, IUI cycles, and egg donation programs.
- It helps prepare the uterine lining, by improving blood flow to the uterus.
- It helps to increase the number and quality of follicles produced, by improving blood flow to the ovaries.
- It improves emotional and core physical strength during , between and in preparation for IVF programs.
- It relaxes the uterus and prevents contractions pre and post procedures.
- It reduces stress and side effects of the medications.
- It treats polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, hormonal and autoimmune disorders.
- It improves sperm quality, quantity and motility.
- It helps to trigger ovulation.
- It improves libido.
- It can help to prevent miscarriage.
Acupuncture helps to reduce stress by regulating the nervous system. It triggers feelings of general wellbeing. High stress and raised cortisol levels are associated with reduced chances of conceiving.
Studies and Research.
Studies show (Robinson & Stewart 1995) that women going through fertility treatment are far more likely to be anxious and depressed. Smith et al (2009) states that male partners are found to have increased marital and social stress, decreased overall mental health, increased physical stress and feelings of sexual failure.
A German study in 2002, determined the effect of acupuncture on assisted reproduction therapy (ART) success rates. In the study half of the women received standard IVF and the other half were given treatments before and after embryo transfer. In the acupuncture group 42.5% of patients became pregnant, while in the IVF only group, only 26.3% of patients conceived.
Further studies have shown that acupuncture also reduces the incidence of miscarriage, and ectopic pregnancies.
There are continual acupuncture studies being done within fertility and acupuncture centres around the world.
€60 per consultation and treatment.
€80 Pre and post embryo transfer IUI or donation procedure.
€380 for 6 during the IVF cycle. (Includes 6 treatments and pre and post treatments. )
€50 for 90 day preparation treatment or between cycles.
To book contact Sims on 01 2080710 or Kate at 087 2325383 email email@example.com