Contact the Clinic to book a Consultation
Kate Curtis offers Fertility Acupuncture within the Sims IVF clinic.
Kate with a background in Nursing and Midwifery, has been working in the field of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Acupuncture for over 20 years. She specializes in fertility and pregnancy acupuncture.
Acupuncture can support you on your fertility journey.
- It is used in combination with IVF, IUI cycles, and egg donation programs.
- It helps prepare the uterine lining, by improving blood flow to the uterus.
- It helps to increase the number and quality of follicles produced, by improving blood flow to the ovaries.
- It improves emotional and core physical strength during , between and in preparation for IVF programs.
- It relaxes the uterus and prevents contractions pre and post procedures.
- It reduces stress and side effects of the medications.
- It treats polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, hormonal and autoimmune disorders.
- It improves sperm quality, quantity and motility.
- It helps to trigger ovulation.
- It improves libido.
- It can help to prevent miscarriage.
Acupuncture helps to reduce stress by regulating the nervous system. It triggers feelings of general wellbeing. High stress and raised cortisol levels are associated with reduced chances of conceiving.
Studies and Research.
Studies show (Robinson & Stewart 1995) that women going through fertility treatment are far more likely to be anxious and depressed. Smith et al (2009) states that male partners are found to have increased marital and social stress, decreased overall mental health, increased physical stress and feelings of sexual failure.
A German study in 2002, determined the effect of acupuncture on assisted reproduction therapy (ART) success rates. In the study half of the women received standard IVF and the other half were given treatments before and after embryo transfer. In the acupuncture group 42.5% of patients became pregnant, while in the IVF only group, only 26.3% of patients conceived.
Further studies have shown that acupuncture also reduces the incidence of miscarriage, and ectopic pregnancies.
There are continual acupuncture studies being done within fertility and acupuncture centres around the world.
A tailored plan will be made according to your needs
The first consultation involves a health and wellbeing assessment. We discuss nutrition, lifestyle, stress factors, and offer health and relaxation advice followed by an Acupuncture Treatment €60
We offer before and after embryo transfer procedures, an acupuncture treatment, either on the same day
or within 24 hours €80
A preliminary Acupuncture and Assessment consultation must be made before the transfer day €60
We offer acupuncture 5 to 7 days post transfer, for relaxation €60.
Surrounding all Embryo Transfer proceedures we offer 4 treatments €200
Please note that in order to ensure that you will have an acupuncture treatment close to the day/time of your transfer, 48 hours notice is required.
A complementary 10 minute phone enquiry consult is available free of charge
For more details and information about Fertility Acupuncture please visit www.acorn-acupuncture.com.
To book please contact email@example.com