23 August 2011
SIMS are delighted to announce their new Mind/Body Programme.
The SIMS Mind/Body Programme will benefit those who wish to positively manage stress and promote conception. Couples and individuals will attend a 1 x day programme in a small group setting. The next Saturday programme will be on Sat. 24th September, 2011.
A recent study showed that women who were the most anxious and depressed prior to their IVF treatment cycle were 93% less likely to conceive than the least distressed women. Other research (Skillman, NJ Oct.19,2009), has shown that women who participated in a stress management programme prior to or during IVF treatment had a 52% greater pregnancy rate than women who did not participate in the programme (American Society of Reproductive Medicine’s 65th Annual Meeting).
The pioneer of the Mind/Body Programme, Dr. Alice Domar PhD, of Harvard’s Mind/Body Institute in Boston explained;
"This study shows that stress management may improve pregnancy rates, minimising the stress of fertility management itself, improving the success rates of IVF procedures and ultimately, helping to alleviate the emotional burden for women who are facing challenges trying to conceive."
Why do the SIMS Integrative MIND/BODY Programme?
- To establish self-supportive thinking patterns and acceptance beliefs in place of unhelpful ones (with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT), e.g. from “It’s never going to happen for us” to “we are doing everything we can to support our chances of getting pregnant.”
Learn to recognise unhelpful thinking and to challenge it effectively.
- To integrate Mindfulness based relaxation techniques.
- To support your physical and emotional health with Medical Acupuncture and Chi Kung restorative exercise for fertility enhancement by Dermot O’Connor, bestselling author of ‘The Healing Code’ and author of upcoming book, ‘The Fertility Code’.
- To decrease any symptoms of stress, anxiety, low-mood and fatigue.
- To increase your understanding of the role of nutrition in establishing optimal conditions for conception and implantation. Receive nutritional advice on rebalancing deficiencies and receive practical steps on how to improve your diet and overall health.
- To understand the relationship between stress and infertility.
- To enable you to reclaim your sense of self-confidence and feel more empowered in the treatment process.
- To learn effective coping skills.
Log onto the MIND/BODY PROGRAMME page for more details or to book your place