Summary of Role
The key objective of the Fertility Nurse/Midwife role is to work as a key part of a multidisciplinary IVF team to provide excellent patient care for individuals and couples in all aspects of fertility treatment. Patient care must be the priority of every RGN/RM working in the Sims clinic. The patient must be at the centre of everything the Fertility Nurse/Midwife does.
The role holder must strive to excellence in patient care, investigation consultation, scheduling of treatment, phlebotomy, ultrasound, scanning, pre and post-operative care and telephone counselling.
The following key attributes should be demonstrated:
- Active Listening
- Good Non-verbal communication
- Clarity and concision
Educational / Registration Requirements/Professional Experience Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Qualified Registered Nurse and/or Qualified Registered Midwife
- Current NMBI Registration
- 2 Years post registration experience ideally in women’s health
- 2 year experience with a fertility clinic including ultrasound scanning
- Fluency in English language – Advanced level - written and verbal
Clinical / Technical Competencies
The Fertility Nurse/Midwife will demonstrate competence in the following key areas. He/she should be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office
- Competent in all aspects of patient databases.
- Understands EU Cell and Tissue Directive and the clinic responsibility regarding screening couples.
- Data Protection/Confidentiality – understands and takes personal responsibility by following established policies and procedures
- Obtaining Consent – understands and takes personal responsibility by following established policies and procedures
Infection Control /Health and Safety
- Hand Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- Uniform and Grooming Standards
- Clinical Waste Management
- Care of a Couple before during and after and IUI
- Care of a Couple before, during and after Embryo Transfer
- Care of Couple Before, During and After Egg Collection
- Performing an IUI procedure
- Drug management in Theatre
- Semen Collection
- Care of a Sick patient
- Emergency procedures
- Scheduling an IUI/TSI cycle
- Scheduling an FET cycle
- Scheduling an IVF cycle
- Scheduling of donor/recipient cycles
- Understanding all IVF meds and side effects
- Investigation Consultation
- Understand all available tests and treatments
- Competent to deal with more complex patients
Telephone Counselling and Support
- Competent in providing clear and concise feedback and education to patients by telephone.
- Ability to deliver information in a constructive and sympathetic manner
- Understands and follows established telephone process and procedures
- Ultrasound scanning – assessment scans
- Ultrasound scanning – follicular tracking
- Ultrasound scanning – trigger for egg collection/embryo transfer
- Ultrasound scanning – early obstetric scanning
- Documenting Blood results
- Understands cycle specific hormones
- Reporting pregnancy results
- Phlebotomy/ Cannulation
Training and Education
- Providing support to junior colleagues
- Showing leadership with HCAs and administrative staff
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Acts with honesty and integrity at all times
- Has a realistic sense of self and impact on others
- Demonstrates patience and perspective in dealing with difficult situations
- Accepts ownership of role and accepts accountability of role objectives
Patient Care/Customer Service
- Demonstrates an ability to deliver excellence in standards of service to patients/clients
- Presents a caring, engaging and positive manner with patients/clients
- Demonstrates an ability to obtain a clear understanding of patient/client needs
- Lets patient/client know he/she is willing to work with them to achieve best outcome
- Works co-operatively and effectively with colleagues from own and other departments with different skills and objectives to achieve best outcome.
- Listens and respects others points of view.
- Open to learning and passing on better ways of doing things.
- Open to new ideas with an ability to follow and implement protocols and procedures and clinic initiatives with his/her clinic colleagues.
Attention to Detail
- Ensures that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate
- Follows required procedures to ensure high quality of work
- Verifies information.
- Carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of information provided by others
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or the situation requires it.
- Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their perspectives.
- Takes independent action to change the direction of events.
- Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness
- Supporting and implementing organizational change
- Helping others to successfully manage organizational change
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org